Wednesday, March 1, 2017

blog 2

I was looking at my feet in the leaves. I was shuffling home from work, not in a hurry. I noticed someone down the street but I didn't think much of it. They seemed to be frustrated about something they had done in their sketchbook. I continued down the street, almost home. Smiling until I felt a sharp pain in my head.
“I’m sorry, are you okay?" she asked. there was clear concern in her face.

“yeah…” I said hesitantly.
“You sure?” the girl asked again
I nodded, lying. I had now changed my evening plans to sitting on my couch holding ice on my head.
“I’m Banks.” Banks said reaching her hand out for a handshake.
“Chambly.” I said shaking her hand.
“Its nice to meet you Chambly, I’m sorry again about your head.”
“Really, it’s fine.” I said and laughing, I knew it wasn't her fault I had run into her, I should have been paying attention, the more I spoke to Banks the more I began to like her.
“Okay well I hope the next time we see each other I won’t be apologizing for hitting you in the head with.” Banks laughed a little
“Me too!”
“It was nice to meet you.” Banks said waving as they headed in their separate directions. It wasn't often that I shared a conversation with someone outside of my circle of friends, but I considered going out more after meeting Banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment